Monday, January 21, 2008

Double Happiness

A few days after Christmas I was given the wonderful task of knitting this kimono jacket for a shop model for Borealis. This is what it looked like Sunday morning, I finished it that day and will put it up in the store on Tuesday. Bruce has given me his approval as usual. It is a extravagant kit from Twisted Sisters-its like knitting with the rolls royce of yarns. The blue/brown is mohair (called "mojo") and in the green areas it is held with a rayon and cotton blend ("oasis"). It knit up fast on size 10 needles. The kimono was a nice reward after all that frantic xmas knitting. I am trying to finish up a few things before staring new tempting projects. There is an end in sight for my bubble sweater, hopefully you will see that this week.

No comments: